Monday, September 14, 2015

Random thoughts

Ok, so this animated garden gnome, Guy Fieri, has a TV show, "Diners, drive-ins and dives"

Well.

Good luck with that, Guy.




When was the last time you got food poisoning and went back for seconds?
I must have dined at Swanky Frank's 20 times or more after I got laid low from the scallop sandwich. Didn't stop me from going back.




 I have lost count of the number of greasy spoons I have enjoyed over the years, one of the best, Rosemary's Texas Taco up on Rt. 22

Best burritos ever.
Only a buck, if I remember. She had photos on the wall of her selling tacos to Mick Jagger, Jimi Hendrix and Andrew Warhol. And a bunch of other 60's freaks I did not recognize. 

Last time I was there the Health Department made her move the monkey... but I noticed the parrot was still there.

 How many restaurants can boast that fact.  

"The Health Department made me move the monkey"


Sometimes it's interesting to see just how bad bad writing can be. This promised to go the limit. I wondered what a handwriting expert would make of that childish scrawl of hers...She sat coiled up like a watch spring, her cigarette clamped in a curious holder. I could sense her eyes on me from behind those dark glasses, defying me not to like what I read, or maybe begging me in her own proud way to like it. It meant so much to her. It sure was a cozy set-up. That bundle of raw nerves, and Max, and that dead monkey upstairs, and the wind wheezing through that organ once in a while.

Sunset Boulevard (1950)
 
Next thought; when we first moved here, we paid $85 for 100 lbs. of lp gas. Next filling, $75 for 100 lbs. Today, $65 for 100 lbs. of lp gas. If this is due to fracking, well go ahead and frack away.

Sometimes I think that stuff that goes on here in PA would not go over so well in places like New York or California.


No comments:

Post a Comment