Saturday, April 2, 2016

April

One year.
Lets see If I can keep this going.


So,
Last month I decided to try the cuisine at the Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
Veggie broth for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Near the end of my stay they let me have orange Jello™ and vanilla ice cream.




So I never got around to the St. Patrick's Day extravaganza.


You know St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland?
Know what he said when he did?

"You boys comfy back there?"

So now we are in New Hope, PA and a quick trip over to Longwood Gardens, one of the DuPont homes, now a public garden.
The DuPont folks didn't like the fact they could not grow oranges in PA so they built an indoor citrus garden, heated by four boilers that used 150,000 gallons of fuel per year so they could have fresh OJ any time. The oranges and limes didn't work out, so they had them torn out and replaced with tropical palms and orchids.


And a bunch of other bushes and leafy green things.

At one point, I said to Mary "this place needs little brightly colored birds and snakes."

A moment later a guy walked past me and said to his family "this place needs a bunch of little monkeys."
 


I think snakes would be better, somehow.

But that is just one guys opinion.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment