Thursday, October 1, 2015

New hobbies

Well, fall is here, and soon winter. As I prepare to be ensconced, I need something to do. It's like I have nothing to do all day.
I thought about knapping.

Well, not the kind of napping I have been doing since January, I kind of want to get away from that.

Knapping is the art of chipping flint to make an arrowhead.




But what if you don't have flint?





Well, Thank you Budweiser.





 Start with a bottle of Bud light Platinum





Cut off the bottom,




Here is the blue glass,






Now, turn it into this:



And then turn that, into this:







Only problem I see, is you have to drink the Bud Light first, and eat the BBQ second.


Sometimes we all have to make sacrifices.


(I would have put more dry rub, and then more sauce on that hog, but the recipes for both are for a later blog)


Ok, Ok, I know grilling season is over, but you can still use this in the oven.

4 Tbs Paprika
1 Tbs Chili powder
2 Tbs Cumin
2 Tbs Brown sugar
2 Tbs Salt
1 Tbs Oregano
1 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Pepper
1 Tbs Cayenne Pepper

Mix that all up, put it in a mason jar, and sprinkle it through a sieve over meat, like a pork roast or something.


Then uncork something good.


Oh, you don't use the whole thing on one dinner, unless you are cooking a buffalo or something.




Save the rest in the mason jar in the spice rack for later.







No comments:

Post a Comment