Saturday, November 28, 2015

It's been a while

Things have been crazy here in Freeland PA in the last few weeks, to say the least.
I got some kind of cold, by coincidence right after the ole saw-bones wanted me to get a flu shot. I said no. She said why not?

Because I don't want a flu shot.

"Well that is not an answer."

Yes. It is. It is my answer today, and I don't care what flavor sucker you are handing out right now, I am not going in for the old stainless steel jab.

Then I get sick. Go figure.

So.
So my neighbor decides to make popcorn shrimp.
2 quarts of oil on the stove, battered shrimp at the ready, then get distracted and forget about  2 quarts of oil on the stove.

While the smell of smoke and the sight of burning oil is not alarming enough, try tossing a pail of water on it, and watch hilarity unfold as burning oil splashes all over the kitchen.


Then just for added comic relief, PA Power and Light cuts the power off to 1400 homes out of 3100 in Freeland, so the firemen don't get electrocuted.

That is when I fall off the sidewalk in the dark.

And bust up my face real good.

I write this note
To tell you of my plight
And at the time of writing
I am not a pretty sight
My body is all black and blue,
My face a deathly gray
And I hope you understand
Why Kevin's not bloging today.




No comments:

Post a Comment