Friday, January 8, 2016

Sometimes things just do not connect

I know it has been a while, but the holidays and family and stuff.


So,
I was up at Weis, the big supermarket in the Hazleton Quad City area, and I asked an employee where I might find cheese cloth.


"Cheese? Cloth?"

Yes, it is used in the kitchen for baking and straining.


"Hold on a sec, Hey Joe do we have cheese cloth?"

"Cheese? Cloth?"

Ok, It is not cloth made of cheese, it is like gauze but not used for bandaging, you use it like a sieve.
For straining stuff.





"A sieve. 

No. 

We don't carry that here. Try Lowe's."


Look, Lowes is a hardware store, cheese cloth is used in cooking. Do you know what a sieve is?


"Um, no, but I think they have that at Lowe's, try over there."

<Whispers at the bus stop
I heard about nights out in the school yard
Oksana Baiul
Oksana Baiul

Gin Blossoms, c 1993>

Same planet, different lyrics.
 
I used to work with a woman that had a friend that had a brother that thought those were the words to that song. 

When ever I realize that I am talking to someone in the same language but we can not communicate I think of that song. 

OK, Let me get this straight, Lowe's, the "Home improvement warehouse" has a baking section?

"Yup, They have that cloth thing you are looking for."


I found it on my own. Isle 7, between the Teflon frying pans and the sieves.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment