Thursday, April 23, 2015

BOOM!

So,
We were sitting around and we hear sirens. Lots of sirens. And they stop right outside our front door.


I go and put on my shoes to step outside, and I see this:

I also see about half a dozen of my neighbors standing next to my front door.

And I smell gas.

A lot of gas.

One of the firemen said there is a gas leak somewhere in the Church across the street, or perhaps the rectory down the block.
I turn to my neighbors and say, 25 years we lived in Brewster and the fire trucks stopped once, when the house next door was on fire, but here, it has been four times in six...

Lisa, are you smoking a cigarette? Loyd, is that a stogie you got there? Don't you smell that? Didn't you hear him? When he said GAS LEAK?

I just went back inside and told everyone to stay away from the windows. In fact, why don't we go in to the kitchen, on the other side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment