Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ya know that look you get when you ask them to hold the mayo

This is the original email that started this blog.
Just so you know.

And now you do.



So,
Kevin wanted to pick up his paycheck from the deli where he works. Mary said if we were in the area, could I bring her something to eat.
I was going to get a sandwich for her at the deli. 
This is how it went.


I went in and the woman asked "What can I get for you?"
Roast beef, lettuce and mustard on rye, please. Said I.
"Do you want me to make you a Hoagie?"
No. No thank you, just roast beef, lettuce and mustard on rye please.

We don't have rye.


What do you have?

Hoagie rolls. Do you want a hoagie?

*sigh* ok. Fine. A hoagie it is then.

Aaannd, what kind of hoagie do you want?

Roast.
Beef.

Lettuce.

Mustard.

No mayo?

No.
No mayo.

Roast.
Beef.

Lettuce.

Mustard.

So, are ya lactose intolerant?

What?

Are ya lactose intolerant? I mean ya don't want mayo on your hoagie.

Mayo is just eggs, oil and lemon juice, there are no dairy products in mayo. 

Well, it is white.

(to myself) Lord give me Your strength For I'm running on empty right now. All my dials are at zero
 Come shelter my mind in the storms where I'm confused, flood me with light
 Come shelter my heart in the storms where I'm weak come flood me with strength
 Just Roast beef, lettuce and mustard. On a hoagie roll. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment