Thursday, April 30, 2015

Yes, that is my car.

So,
Ever since I moved here I have had to put up with a lot of guff about our cars. And, well, "HE-MAN DON'T TAKE NO GUFF" (Gurr, grunt, feh)
So today I am back in the notary's office to pick up my plates. As I am filling out the paperwork, I mention that I have received this:

SUSPENSION ORDER
Section 318.1 of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law requires that all vehicles have NY liability insurance. Return this form with proof of insurance. please DO NOT WRITE OR USE 
 STAPLES IN THIS AREA.
He  looks at it and says "You better write a note here telling NYDMV you are returning the plates.  And Staple this to the plates when you send it back. Use a bunch of staples, you don't want them to loose this."

No kidding.

Now I have to go get the car inspected, which is sort of what started the whole thing. 

I go back to the garage, and tell the old gleep I am back for the inspection. He said all the guys are out to lunch and it might take a while. 

Fine. Whatever.

He looks out the window, and asks, "Is that your car? that Dodge over there?"
Yes.

Ok it passed. Here is your inspection sticker. Gimmie sixty bucks and sign here, please.

Done.

I feel like a free man, I can walk in the sun again. Except my car is legal, so I don't have to walk, I can drive.
But not until Dr. LaCroix says I can drive. 
He said he thought I was clinically insane, But that is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment