Saturday, April 18, 2015

My visit to the 7th level of hell


So,
Mary noticed that the inspection lapsed on the van.


Last October.

I call around and find a shop that will do the inspection. The guy asks me, "on the level, will your car pass?" I said it is a 2014 Dodge, it should pass.
I bring the car in and he asks for the insurance and registration, which I hand over. Here is where it starts to get fun.

He looks at the documents, squints, and says, why do you want a Pennsylvania inspection on a New York car. 

Well we just moved here, and I have not had time to re-register our cars.
Cars? You have more than one out-of-state, UN-inspected car?
Well, sure I have two.
He tells me he can not inspect cars until they have PA registration.
So for my convenience, the PADMV is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

But.

The PADMV does not register automobiles, that is done by a licensed Notary.
But the Notary will not register cars unless you have a PA Drivers license.  
To get a license, the PADMV is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
So Saturday morning Mary takes Max to his piano lesson, and drops me off at the DMV to get a PA drivers' license.

I have with me
My credit card (useless, they do not take plastic)
My NY drivers license
My Phone bill
My Electric Bill
$60 in U.S. currency (useless, they do not take cash)
A debit card  (useless, they do not take plastic)

What I do not have is the original Birth Certificate issued to my mom when she checked out of the Hospital 53 years ago.
Or my Social Security Card.
So.
No drivers license for me.


 But on the bright side,
I start to walk back to the piano lesson and I find (most likely) one of the last Drive-in movie theaters still around. 


And then there is this PSA




Guess what we are going to do some Saturday night when they are not playing fast and furious 7

Oh, and how ever cool you think your drive-in is it will *never * be MIG-17, STEAM LOCOMOTIVE,  50's CAR COOL



Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment