Friday, June 12, 2015

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. Catherine Maher

75§1371§A OPERATION FOLLOWING SUSPENSION OF REGISTRATION

  So,
Number one got pulled over and was given a summons for lapse of registration. 

Earlier that month I received a letter from NYDMV indicating I had to prove I had insurance. I sent them copies of my PA insurance, and other info.

The day #1 got the ticket, I get two letters in the mail.

Letter 1 PA insurance is not acceptable.
Letter 2 Both cars have the registrations suspended.

So I get PA plates and send back the NY plates and tell #1 to plead not guilty.

so,
Yesterday we go before Honorable Daniel O'Donnal.

In PA traffic court they make you wait in a room before going in to court.

A room with other traffic-infraction types.

We were there more than an hour.

As we sat there, we did not say a word. But they sure did. They talked and talked and talked.

In PA it costs about $150 to regester a car.

The guy next to me starts on about he and the little lady have a cottage on the Jersey shore, and he registered his cars there to avoid the PA fees.

While the State Trooper that gave him his ticket (why he was there) was standing in the door-way.
 Flicking his key-ring, hanging off his cop belt. And looking at the guy's head.

Then he asks, "Any of you guys get really wasted?"
And they all start in with their "Stoned" stories.
The woman, across from us, (there in traffic court with her teen son) fighting against Father Time, (She was wearing something Goldie Hawn would have worn on Laff-in, bleached blonde hair with pink highlights) And she said, "I drank so much tequila 18 years ago, I don't remember what happened but it was the worst mistake in my life. So no more tequila for me."

#1 whispered to me, doesn't her son look about 18?

We went into court, case dismissed, and we started to leave. They were still going on like old friends, although they just met in traffic court, and I thought, the saying "The Circus is coming to town" implies, that at some point they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment