Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Follow-up on past posts

It was pointed out that a few days ago I posted that Ferris Buler's Day Off was 30 years ago, but the movie came out in 1986, so it is 29 years old, not thirty.

Well Mr. Smarty-pants, movies are not created the day you see them in the theater. (Note: insiders know "Jurassic park" did not in fact, use real dinosaurs) I have it on very reliable authority that the "day off" was June 5, 1985:

"Thanks to some heroic statistical sleuthing by Baseball Prospectus's Larry Granillo, we know the date: June 5, 1985.

Granillo pinpointed the date by scrutinizing some fragmented data in the film about the Chicago Cubs game being played during the gang's trip to Wrigley Field. "It appears obvious now," writes Granillo, "that this is a real ballgame that Ferris is at, not just something recreated for a film crew. The Harry Caray play-by-play and the Braves players on the field are pretty solid evidence of that. So what game, then, are they watching?" After examining the box scores of games during the Cubs 1985 schedule, he ultimately concludes that it was the June 5, 1985 game against the Atlanta Braves (the visitors won 4-2)".
 So there.

Next up:
The event I mentioned taking place on sun glasses day will go forward as planned. I have been encouraged to attend, with family and long time friend, Larry Stoon. Well, friend might not fit. 

Perhaps "unindicted co-conspirator"  is a better fit. 
(unindicted for reasons including grants of immunity, pragmatic considerations, and evidentiary concerns)
But that would involve leaving Freeland.  
My Dr. wanted me to get a therapy-dog, to help me out, and I thought, "Oh, good, I will ask him Who is a good boy?" And then I will feel better. But what if he doesn't know what I am saying?

It's like, my neighbor has a dog that looks at me when I sit outside.

I can't help thinking, "Does he know who is a good boy?  I mean, really?

What if I did leave Freeland?
He would look up, nobody there, and wonder,  "I am not the good boy?" "Well, Heck".
I donno.

Leaving Freeland?

IDonno.



No comments:

Post a Comment