Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Garlic H-Bomb

Memorial day week-end we ran out of gas for the stove so I called the gas company. Closed for the long weekend. I left them a message that I was going to duck-tape a propane cylinder from a gas grill to my stove to see it that would work. (I figured that would get their attention and delivery would be forthwith) No. They never called back, and when I called Tuesday morning the receptionist said "You still here? well, Ok, I can have a truck out later."
So, we spent the weekend cooking outside. HE-MAN COOKS ON FIRE anyhow.
Now, this week, the sink is broken. It is broken in that if you turn on the water, and it goes down the drain, it ends up on the floor, and your shoes, if you are standing close enough.
Well.
HE-MAN DON'T TAKE NO GUFF. However HE-MAN also does not antagonize Mrs. He-man by sloshing water all over the kitchen.
The guy shows up at 9:30, looks at the sink and says "No point in fixing that, I'll just put in a new one" "I'll go to Lowes and be back later"

He never came back.

So I wait until 4:00, write the day off as a no-show.

I have this pork roast, and I want to make Garlic H-Bomb but I have no garlic.
I decide no sink for us, no car for me and no garlic for the Garlic H-Bomb.
Life is tough.
I walked to the store for garlic, and I see the row boat is now facing South Street where yesterday it faced Front st. but nobody is around.
And I did not bring my camera because it is raining.
But I did get garlic, so we will have our Garlic-H-Bomb tonight.


Garlic H-Bomb
1 Pork roast
a boat-load of garlic (helps if you know a guy that has a friend that has a boat on the sidewalk, down the block from the market)
Cut about 8-9 cloves of garlic into 2-3 slivers each
Jab the roast with a sharp knife, and insert the slivers of garlic.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper, and garlic powder
Heat oven to 350°
Roast for about one hour
Serves a bunch of vaguely disgruntled children







No comments:

Post a Comment