Thursday, May 28, 2015

559 Washington St

If you are ever in town, looking for a place to stay, may I present 559 Washington St, or, locally known as the Gargoyle House. 

 
Freeland's Premiere Boarding house. 

"The Gargoyle House, A Place to Crash for the Night, or a Lifetime"
Why Gargoyle House?  Because they have two of these, one on either sidre of the door.

Don't worry, if the Hell that is the inside is a tad too hot for you, you can always step outside, day or night and get a Pepsi
I have it on good authority that meals can be had, you just have to inform the proprietor. 
Further, my sources informed me that the Gargoyle House has doors. 

My sources being employees of the United States Postal Service, who wanted me to know 
1) "I don't dish no dirt, But, some wierd a** S*** goes on in there."
and
2) "Nowhere in Freeland will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You had better be cautious."

Good point, Obi. Discretion  will be my watch-word while photographing the Gargoyle House.

(Has anyone else noticed that the weirdness that is the USPS has paled by the weirdness of the rest of the world, to the point "Going Poastal" is almost meaningless?)

Anyhow;
Proceeding down Washington St to 305 Washington St. we came across this abode:
The Paint job was done by the property owner himself.

Ok I just had to delete the stuff I wrote about this property because today's paper clarified what was going on there. 

The property owner did not live there, it was a 1/2 double that he rented, and according to him guests of the renters trashed the property.

The town is not interested who exactly trashed the property the owner has to fix it up. And has been afforded ample time to make repairs.

Owner said you are the problem, The Mayor, the town board and the police the whole lot of you.

Town's response: 305 Washington St. is now condemned. If you do not make repairs  immediately   the property will be deemed a public hazard and nuance and demolished.

Owner: Time to get out my spray paint. I been robbed.

As of this afternoon, his "Art Instillation" had been white-washed over.


 There sure a lot of these around town.









No comments:

Post a Comment