Saturday, May 30, 2015

Odds n' Ends, For a Buck.

First off, "missing" posters I put up in Wilkes-Berre:


 The Bulletin board in the Wilkes-Berre Salvation Army




And in Sam's Club.

Really. Sometimes I crack myself up.
These are not the Droids you are looking for.


Back in Freeland,  Anything for a buck.

There is a Family Dollar.




Next door, a brand-new Dollar General.


Two blocks away,

The old Dollar General (things are still a dollar, ) just not as new as the New-New Dollar General.




Bad News. Next door is an interloper, KC123 Dollar. I don't know who he thinks he is, but I feel there is going to be war.


(Say Hello to my lil' freng)



with a population of about 3000 people and four Dollar stores, that comes to about 750 customers per Dollar store.
If each had loyalty to only one store, and spent one dollar a day, that would come out to about $273,750.00
Per store.

All four stores, $1,095,000.00

One Million, ninety five thousand Dollars. Per Year.
 If everyone spent a buck a day.



And I think they will.



When was the last time you saw a *Video tape rental* place?

From what I figure, Blockbuster™ never made In-Roads in Freeland PA, back in the 90's, therefore never put the "Mom-and Pop" video stores in Freeland out of business,  like they did in almost every other market in the US. 
So, there they are, still in business. Renting VHS tapes.
If you are looking for a VHS copy of Jurassic Park, Jungle to Jungle, or Shindler's List, give me a call and I will see what I can do.
But remember; 
Please be kind and rewind.






No comments:

Post a Comment