Monday, May 11, 2015

A long time ago. In a Galexy far, far away

So,
Stick with me this might get complex.

Some 26 or 27 years ago, just before I married Mary, (or just after, but I think it was before) her brother Chris asked me to help him move some stuff from Minnesota to New York. I said "sure,  fine ya' betcha" (Minnesota speak) So off we went to Stillwater MN.

While there Chris tells me his brother-in-law, Jim and his sister-in law Jenny, need help finishing a barn on their farm.
Well, I am down for a barn-raising-party in Minnesota. And Chris is my (soon to be) brother-in-law, and Jim is Chris' brother-in-law, so there is that. The barn goes up, we go home, I get married.



Saturday we are in Colombia, District of,  for a wedding. Chris Jr.s' wedding.

I notice that in the pew in front of me is Phil, grandfather of the groom, Chris Jr.
Next to Phil is Jenny and Jim and all their children.

At the reception, I walk over and ask if the barn is still standing, and they are surprised, and we had a great time talking about the past.

 So,
Sunday we are all out at Chris Sr.'s farm for lunch and a fine get-together.  I see in the driveway a huge motor-home with MN plates. I ask Jenny, "Is that yours?"

No, we rented it.
Oh, I said. My pal had one, smaller than that, but he loved it. used to drive it all around, let the kids see America and all. It caught fire a while ago, now it is gone.

Jenny said, "What a shame, our Priest just told us a similar story about a friend of our parish, his RV caught fire as well.

Who knew they where that flammable.

Then she calls out, "Jim, Hon, what was the name of that guy with the RV, the one that went on fire?"

"The movie guy? the one that interviewed us about the Montfort monastery?
Morlino, wasn't it?



Morlino?


Jim Morlino?



"Yes, that's him. Do you know him? He made a movie about Bernadette of Lourdes and another about the Catholics during the French revolution called "The War of the Vendee" Have you seen them?"

<maherface>
Blink.

Blink.




Blink.
</maherface>

Yea, I think I have heard of that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment